Pollard Thomas Edwards is looking for a highly driven, organised, and professional Bid Manager to join our active Communications Group.
This is a crucial role in securing new business opportunities by leading the end-to-end bid process. You will work closely with the partners and alongside a Bid Coordinator, with support from the Communications Group. You will be responsible for the preparation of content for bids and submissions, producing high quality material that is targeted to the specific audience.
The successful candidate must be highly organised, self-motivated, and possess exceptional graphic and layout skills to create compelling proposals.
There is an opportunity to get involved with writing for marketing, awards and PR activities and other graphic project work.
PTE’s focus is to design great buildings and places, to deliver excellent services to our clients and to create a stimulating working environment for our people.
Key duties include:
- lead the bid process from initiation to submission, collaborating with cross-functional teams and external organisations
- maintain the bid schedule, ensuring deadlines are met and deliverables are produced in a timely manner
- research and identify new opportunities; OJEU, PQQ, EOI’s and competitions
- collate standard information for bid submissions; research, write and/or edit customised responses
- analyse bid requirements, prepare initial briefing, conduct comprehensive bid kick-off meetings to define objectives, strategies, and responsibilities
- create visually stunning and persuasive proposals that align with client requirements
- support the partners in updating and developing the database of bid materials - standard bid information, company information and previous answers, images and records
- develop submission procedures and protocols with a view to increasing quality, consistency and success rate
- proactively identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency in the bid management process
- attend weekly new business meetings
- provide support to Communications Team with maintenance and updating of marketing material including publicity sheets and CVs
- provide support to Communications Team including copywriting for marketing initiatives and awards.
- excellent written English, with editing and proof-reading skills
- experience within design or architectural studio, PR or publicity organisation
- proficient in Word and InDesign
- highly organised, with the ability to prioritise tasks
- able to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- self-motivated, with the ability to work well within the team and manage own workload
- personable, able to work and adapt to working across teams and with senior staff
- quick learner, able to become familiar with the practice and its projects
- attention to detail is a must.
Salary dependent on experience.
Please mark your application with your name and the position applied for and send by email to the HR Team at email@example.com