Pollard Thomas Edwards is looking to recruit an ambitious sustainable design specialist.
The role involves advising on industry-leading Passivhaus standards and zero carbon place-making with an emphasis on large-scale housing schemes and retrofit.
You will be part of a team responsible for environmental design on a variety of projects at all RIBA stages, including research into building performance, sustainability reporting and environmental modelling.
You will have knowledge of retrofit standards, lifecycle and embodied carbon assessments, and overheating modelling.
You will be an ambassador for PTE, advocating and applying our sustainable quality standards required to meet the challenges of the climate crisis.
Key duties include:
- Advising project teams and clients on good sustainable design practice and providing design solutions that meet the relevant targets
- Providing advice for project teams on the sustainability standards applying to residential and non-residential building types, including BREEAM and Passivhaus
- Carrying out project post occupancy evaluations
- Environmental modelling, particularly overheating (TM59), and daylight / sunlight
- Energy modelling, including PHPP and/or IES, or Design Builder or SAP
- Producing reports for planning, and giving presentations to project teams and the wider office.
- A degree in Environmental Architecture, Engineering, or Architectural Technology
- Experience of sustainable design in an architectural or engineering practice
- Good knowledge of sustainability principles, including RIBA 2030, LETI and Passivhaus
- Experience of UK planning and construction
- Preparing sustainability reports for planning applications
- A good knowledge of UK regulations for Energy and CO2 emissions is advantageous
- A team player and leader
- Clear written and verbal presentational skills.
Salary dependent on experience.
Please mark your application with your name and the position applied for and send by email to the HR Team at email@example.com