We embed sustainable design into everything we do, delivering practical energy efficient buildings at scale. We promote a ‘fabric first’ approach to low energy design, minimising reliance on costly or complex technologies, and increasingly our new homes achieve Passivhaus or zero carbon standards.
We are currently advising the UK Government on low carbon housing policy with the Building for 2050 project and continue to lead industry in the delivery of several largescale net zero development projects. In partnership with the Green Register and other industry leaders, we provide regular training in sustainable design for our staff, clients and collaborators.
PTE has an experienced team of environmental design engineers, certified Passivhaus designers and sustainability consultants who provide the following services and assessments: Passivhaus, BREEAM, overheating studies to TM59, daylight assessments, wind and microclimate impact assessments, post occupancy evaluation, life-cycle carbon and energy assessments.
Environmental design is fundamental to our company vision of creating thriving sustainable places. As part of this aim, we are committed to ensuring that our projects go beyond the minimum performance requirements and are seeking to deliver best practice sustainable outcomes which meet the RIBA 2030 climate challenge. We are signatories of “Architects’ Declare” and as such we are committing to strengthen our working practices to create architecture and urbanism that has a more positive and regenerative impact on the world around us. As architects at the forefront of the climate change agenda, we are supporters of the following organisations and campaigns:
- RIBA 2030 climate challenge
- AJ retrofit first campaign
- Architects Climate Action Network (ACAN)
- UK Architects Declare Climate and Biodiversity Emergency
- BREEAM Assessors (BREEAM assessors, BREEAM accredited professionals)
- Passivhaus Institute (Certified Passivhaus Designers)
- CIBSE homes for the future group
- Green Register of Construction professionals
- Good Homes Alliance
- UK Green Building Council (UKGBC)
- Association for Environment Conscious Building (AECB)
In order to ensure that our design proposals consider sustainable design from the very start, we provide wide range of environmental design services in house. Our experienced sustainability team can provide efficient, fast and reliable environmental analysis of our proposals. PTE provides the following sustainable design services and assessments across all types of projects:
- Sustainable Design strategy and statement
- BREEAM consultancy
- Energy strategy, energy statements and zero carbon strategies
- Passivhaus design (PHPP)
- Daylight / sunlight calculations
- Overheating assessment
- Wind and Microclimate modelling
- Thermal bridge calculations and construction detailing for Passivhaus
- Post Occupancy Evaluation
Please get in touch with Tom Dollard if you'd like to find out more or have any project requirements.