We embed sustainable design into everything we do, delivering practical energy efficient buildings at scale. We promote a ‘fabric first’ approach to low energy design, minimising reliance on costly or complex technologies, and increasingly our new homes achieve Passivhaus or zero carbon standards.
We are currently advising the UK Government on low carbon housing policy with the Building for 2050 project and continue to lead industry in the delivery of several large-scale net zero development projects. In partnership with the Green Register and other industry leaders, we provide regular training in sustainable design for our staff, clients and collaborators.
PTE has an experienced team of environmental design engineers, certified Passivhaus designers and sustainability consultants who provide the following services and assessments: BREEAM, Passivhaus, overheating studies to TM59, daylight assessments, wind impact assessments, post occupancy evaluation, life-cycle carbon and energy assessments.
We are members and supporters of the following organisations:
- BREEAM Assessors (BRE members and assessors)
- Passivhaus Institute (Certified Passivhaus Designers)
- CIBSE Low Carbon Consultants LCEA Level 3, 4 and 5
- CIBSE homes for the future group
- Green Register of Construction professionals
- Good Homes Alliance
- RIBA 2030 climate challenge signatory
- Architects’ Declare signatory organisation