This beautiful micro-neighbourhood provides 138 apartments for independent older people in new garden villas and restored heritage buildings, integrated with 21 innovative family houses. Intricate design, exemplary placemaking and intensive local engagement overcame the challenges of landscape and building conservation, steep gradients and sensitive boundaries.
PTE provided a full service from concept to completion.
“This will be a high quality housing development which retains the existing listed buildings and gardens and also maintains and improves the current pedestrian access through the site. Our research has shown there is a strong demand in Haringey for this type of housing, where older people are making positive choices to downsize from under-occupied family homes to attractive housing well-designed for their changing needs.”
Claire Anderson, Deputy Director of Development, Hanover Housing Association
- WhatHouse? Awards - Best retirement development 2017 — Silver
- Haringey Design Awards - Best urban design 2018 — Winner
- Housebuilder Awards - Best design for three storeys or fewer 2018 — Winner
- Sunday Times British Homes Awards - Development of the year (more than 100 homes) 2018 — High Commendation
- WhatHouse? Awards - Best development 2018 — Silver
- WhatHouse? Awards - Best development 2018 — Bronze