276 new council homes have replaced an unpopular high-rise estate, using a new asset-based funding model with no reliance on subsidy. A traditional street plan and smart modulation of house types and details has delivered award-winning quality within a tight budget and programme.
PTE provided a full service from concept to completion.
“These are great homes, and in a climate where rising land values and diminishing grant make it very difficult for lower income households to find homes in London, the fact that the scheme is 100% affordable is impressive.”
Andrew Beharrell, Senior Partner, PTE
"The success of a good job is when all parties involved, from subcontractors, consultants, client, funders, end users and all involved walk away happy. I am pleased to be able to advise that we believe that Thames View East has ticked all the boxes. This has been a very good project."
William Jerram, Director, Jerram Falkus
- Housing Innovation Award 2015 — Winner
- London Evening Standard New Homes Award 2015 — Winner
- RICS London and South East Award 2015 — Finalist
- New London Award 2014 — Commendation
- Sunday Times British Homes Award 2014 — Commendation
- Housing Excellence Award 2014 — Commendation
- Placemaking Award 2014 — Finalist
- London Planning Award 2014 — Finalist