Social Value Design Research Associate Dr Gloria Vargas Palma is developing PTE’s Social Value Toolkit, in partnership with the University of Reading. The toolkit will quantify POE data in housing, allowing social value outcomes to be incorporated into buildings at the design stage.
An experienced researcher, Gloria has worked on many design schemes incorporating findings from different avenues of research to inform social value delivery. Her architectural design experience spans large scale commercial new builds, including hotels, office buildings, residential and mixed-use, as well as the refurbishment of Grade II listed buildings.
Combining her skills in social sciences research, data analysis and architectural design, Gloria uses a methodical and creative approach to achieve carefully considered solutions that improve people’s daily lives.
She is currently part of the International Network of Social Inclusion through Design, comprised of several universities and researchers in Latin America.
- Bachelors in Architecture at the Autonomous University of the State
of Mexico, 1999
- MArch from the National Autonomous University of Mexico, 2006
- PhD from University of Sheffield, School of Architecture, 2016
- Joined research teams at University of Sheffield, Cardiff University, and University of Reading
- Qualified in 2022 from Bartlett School of Architecture
- Joined Pollard Thomas Edwards in 2022