PTE is seeking to recruit an ambitious sustainable design specialist to enhance our award winning sustainable design service and industry-leading Passivhaus and zero carbon developments. This person has a wide knowledge and experience of sustainable design of new homes and places. They have experience in Passivhaus, daylight and overheating modelling on mid to large scale residential projects in the UK. They are a clear verbal communicator of complex ideas, such as energy strategies and M&E systems, to residents, client and other non- experts.
The ideal candidate should be a graduate with a degree in Environmental Architecture, Engineering or Architectural Technology, and have strong experience of sustainable design in an architectural or engineering practice. The ideal candidate will have strong verbal and written presentation skills.
Key duties and skills will include:
- Interpreting how current and planned legislation applies to our projects, taking account of location, tenure and timing.
- Advising project teams and clients on the above, and providing optional design solutions that meet these targets. Providing advice for project teams on the sustainability standards applying to residential and non-residential building types, including BREEAM.
- Applying the RIBA 2030 climate challenge and LETI guidance to all our projects.
- Carrying out post occupancy evaluations on our projects.
- Applying Passivhaus principles to all our projects and advising how their recommendations relate to the project brief and budget.
- Setting out clear, well-proven and economical solutions to meeting current standards.
- Producing clear and precise PQQ submission and interview answers. Assisting the bid team in providing answers to sustainability questions.
- Taking an active role in our PTE Green futures group.
- Ability to write clear reports, and give clear presentations to project teams.
How to apply
Please mark your application with your name and the position applied for and send by email to the HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure your CV and application is a maximum of 4 pages and is formatted as a single A4 PDF document with a maximum total file size of 3mb.